Thursday, August 25, 2005

Road Trip Lesson Number One: Rednecks Need Lovin' Too


As you know, before My Lady and I embarked on our cross-county road trip, I had a few preconceptions about the dangers we might encounter in the rural parts of Texas. Now that we've safely arrived in the San Francisco Bay Area and I've gained the knowledge that comes with experience, it's appropriate that I reconsider some of my earlier assertions. Allow me to pass on a few lessons from the road. Here is the first:

Rednecks are human. They bleed like we bleed. They breathe like we breathe. They eat and sleep and work and play like we do. They even love like we love. Look at Bubba and Mary Jo in their love nest -- the bed of this muddy pick-up truck. Are they so different? I think not.

10 Comments:

Blogger * said...

Hahahaha.

Yes, all people need love in some form, whether they admit it or not. Are they so different? They sure are :).

2:54 AM  
Blogger Gold Nugget said...

Does that mean you would trust a redneck living in the other room? Does that mean you can trust a redneck with you woman? Does that mean you can trust a redneck with your livestock or other animal? The answer to all these is NO

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't mess with ma kiiin!

-Josh

10:57 AM  
Blogger The Quintessential Negro said...

Your kin? Rednecks aren't Jewish.

11:15 AM  
Blogger shell said...

Happy B-Day, Quint!

Did the rednecks give you any trouble while you were driving through TX?

6:30 PM  
Blogger piu piu said...

we call them chavs in the uk...for want of a more descriptive word. we dont really have rednecks as such....but chavs too, are very reproductive.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Welcome to Cali.

10:31 AM  
Blogger The Quintessential Negro said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! I had a great day celebrating with My Lady.

11:50 AM  
Blogger ... j said...

fuck that, I'm still scared of the suns of bitches. Especially cause I got followed by a whole slew of them in the hills of TN for like 2 hours on the highway, flashing beams at me, yelling "yankee" firing shotguns, and cell phone was roaming. Shieeeet.

- Jacek

www.eljacek.info - my casually insane existence

3:27 PM  
Blogger Rand said...

Those two look like they're havin' some fun, don't they? Maybe I should become a red neck. By the way Quint, Rednecks come in all colors and denominations.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.